Our mission? To revolutionise the way sports use their content.
Founded in 2021, ScorePlay is the first all-in-one media hub designed for sports by sports. Our AI-driven software helps sport organisations automatically manage, distribute & monetise their photos and videos on one single platform in order to enable their visual storytelling and grow their online brand and reach. The AI tags content automatically using facial and text recognition, which automates both classification and distribution.
Over 100 organisations from around the world, including Volleyball World (FIVB & CVC Partnership), West Ham & Wolves (Premier League), AS Monaco (Ligue 1), Real Sociedad (La Liga), 1. FC Köln (Bundesliga) Orlando City SC (MLS), Ironman (Triathlon), The Amundi Championship (Golf), Freeride World Tour (Ski freestyle), Stade Rochelais (Top14), Stade Français (Top14) and Vitality (Esports) use ScorePlay daily to manage and distribute their content.
We’ve raised 1.5 million to date (pre-seed), including Kevin Durant’s fund 35V, APEX Capital, and early-stage VCs, Kima Ventures and Another.vc - as well as leaders of the industry - Nicolas Julia (CEO Sorare), Mario Götze (German World cup champion), Omar Da Fonseca (Former PSG/AS Monaco player & BeIn commentator). We will be closing our first seed round in the next 2 months, as we aim for another $3-5M as we grow in the US.
ScorePlay has offices in Lisbon and New York. You will have the opportunity to work on various strategic topics in close collaboration with the Marketing Manager and COO and have a 360-degree view on how a fast-growing startup works, learning about both entrepreneurship and scaling a company.
We're expanding quickly and need talented people like you to fuel our growth. If you're looking for an end of studies internship, this position could lead to a full-time job. Our current Marketing Manager arrived as an intern and secured a full-time position within the probationary period - we value hard-working young people who believe in the project, and reward them accordingly.
About the job
We are currently recruiting a marketing intern starting July 2023 for 6 months. The team and business are growing quickly, and we need an ambitious, autonomous, and versatile intern to help drive our expansion and help out with everything from content and product marketing, establishing marketing campaigns, developing PR relationships to SEO and website development. Marketing strategy is intrinsically linked to our wider growth strategy in both business and sales.
- Content marketing: brainstorming and creating content pieces from case studies, to thought pieces, and industry related written pieces.
- Product marketing: finding new and innovative ways of showcasing ScorePlay new features to current and potential clients, writing product updates etc.
- SEO: learn about SEO in a real-life setting, build an SEO strategy to foster organic traffic by following industry competitors, optimising website, creating SEO content.
- Storytelling: help with the overall storytelling around ScorePlay brand.
- Collaborate closely with Marketing Manager to build the content roadmap and a mid- to long-term marketing strategy.
- Company: work with CEO, CTO & COO on pitch decks, growth strategy, scaling.
- HR: help grow a team and scaling a remote-friendly company with employees on 3 continents.
- Help with PR coverage: learn about PR for startups, contacting PR contacts, developing relationships to propagate ScorePlay brand across EU and US, work on startup competitions and awards
- Website design and copywriting
- Strategy: voice, tone, branding for website
- Develop hiring branding
- Learn about product design and creation from a design and technical point of view
- Help with the bug management pipeline to make sure our product is working perfectly all the time, in close collaboration with the tech team
- You're a graduate or masters student
- You're passionate about the future of sports and tech
- You love telling stories and are a creative person by nature
- You have a strong interest in the Product (demo here) - in the sense you think you could sell it
- You're a proactive person who takes initiative and takes any task as an opportunity to go beyond the expected
- You're a great team player but can work autonomously and be trusted
- You're curious, creative and analytical, with both an eye for detail and the bigger picture, but driven by data
- You're fluent in English, other European languages (French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese are a major plus), and can write perfectly
- You're available for 6 months from July 2023 onwards
What we believe in
- Accountability - We challenge each other, and in the end, come out better. Feedback from both sides is key to our success. We’re young - we all have to learn at some point.
- Innovation - Sometimes we make mistakes, that’s normal, but we always learn from them.
- Transparency - We believe in honesty. It helps us be better and make the right decisions.
- Factuality - Numbers have gotten us to where we are today. We trust data but we’re also not scared to question it if something isn’t working out.
What we offer
- An amazing office in central Lisbon (Graça neighbourhood)
- A great international team (14 employees → 8 nationalities)
- The opportunity to shape a startup that is disrupting the world of sports media
- Flexible working from home policy
- Working directly with some of the world's most prestigious football clubs and sports organisations
- A very competitive salary to live well in Lisbon
- Office perks (offsites, team events, watch parties…)
Send us your application (to firstname.lastname@example.org) along with your CV and answers to the following questions:
- What is a recent marketing campaign in sports that you thought was particularly innovative and creative? Why?
- What motivates you to work in a sportstech start-up on marketing?
Feel free to add any info/document you wish to share with us.
- First intro call with Rafael (Marketing manager) and Barbara (COO), about your experience, interest in the position, etc.
- Take home case-study on marketing for presentation and video call with Rafael
- Final interview with Victorien (CEO) and Rafael
- The final offer!
Diversity and inclusion are in ScorePlay's DNA. We believe these values drive innovation, creativity and make each and everyone of us better. Read our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
to learn more.